From: wensem on
Hello group,

i just got recently the Unix Network Programming Book Vol2, from
Richard Stevens. I started reading it and i must say, i was kindly
surprised from the quality and the presentation of the topics.
It all went well until i tried to compile something. I downloaded the
source from his official web page,
../configure went fine however when i started "make" from the lib/
directory, i got the following error on my screen:

root::[/Workbench/unpv22e/lib]make
gcc -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -c -o
daemon_inetd.oent daemon_inetd.c
In file included from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:23,
from /usr/include/rpc/types.h:90,
from /usr/include/rpc/rpc.h:41,
from unpipc.h:115,
from daemon_inetd.c:1:
/usr/include/stdint.h:49: error: duplicate 'unsigned'
/usr/include/stdint.h:49: error: two or more data types in declaration
specifiers
/usr/include/stdint.h:50: error: duplicate 'unsigned'
/usr/include/stdint.h:50: error: duplicate 'short'
/usr/include/stdint.h:52: error: duplicate 'unsigned'
/usr/include/stdint.h:52: error: two or more data types in declaration
specifiers
make: *** [daemon_inetd.o] Error 1
root::[/Workbench/unpv22e/lib]

After a long search on the web ( ~ 2 days and something ) i decided to
put my question here. I also found out that his source is not quite
compatible with linux libraries. I'm currently trying to compile the
unpv22e source on a debian etch machine with gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20061115
(prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21) and actually starting to ask myself
whether it is possible to compile and run those examples at all...

Can anyone please hive me and on that issue?

Best regards