From: technogranny on
I am in exactly the same situation as dcretired, had Vista Premium, upgraded
to Ultimate and now this! And I too have not got that sxs file when I try to
do a search! What do we do is there an answer? Never expected to have this
problem when doing an upgrade.
--
technogranny

From: dcretired on
technogranny, I could not solve the issue myself, so I eventually created a
free tech support incident with Microsoft through support.microsoft.com. MS
Tech Support tried several things to no avail. They eventually gave me a
full ultimate install product key and I reinstalled ultimate from scratch.

dcretired

From: technogranny on

-- Yes but did you eventually resort to doing another 'upgrade' thereby
leaving your files,programs etc intact, or did you end up having to do a
'wipe' upgrade, so wiping the Vista Home Premium?
technogranny

From: technogranny on
Well thanks for that dcretired, I too have contacted support and I am
awaiting their input. So you ended up having to wipe Home Premium! Well it
was very good of them to let you have the full Ultimate product key they
might have to do the same with me I think!
--
technogranny