From: windows update windows on
why wont my windows update fail
From: Shenan Stanley on
windows update wrote:
> why wont my windows update fail

No one here has any idea why your windows update won't fail. Strange query
anyway. Why do you think it should fail?

No one here is certain what operating system is on the system you are (are
not) having the issue with. What edition of that operating system? What
service pack of that operating system? What version of Internet Explorer?
What have you tried to do (to make it fail or if you misspoke, fix the
failure)?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Alan on
Just sorted my problem out with updates. Download Windows service pack 3 and
this will sort it. It took me an hour from start to finish to do this but it
worked and the PC is running faster because there is a clean up on this.

From: Shenan Stanley on

Alan wrote:
> Just sorted my problem out with updates. Download Windows service
> pack 3 and this will sort it. It took me an hour from start to
> finish to do this but it worked and the PC is running faster
> because there is a clean up on this.

First - how do you know the original poster even has Windows XP?

Second - Windows XP Service Pack 3 doesn't do any 'clean up'... Although
some people might have to do a clean up to get it installed.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on