From: Rick on
Now that Microsoft is not upgrading or providing support for Frontpage, is
there a software I can use that will service my website, which was created in
FP? I am a very rudimentary user, and mainly need to upload content, but I
want to get a web design software that would allow me to make a few changes.
However, I don't want to start over. Will new software do this, or would I
be better off to try to find an old version of FP?
Thanks!!
From: Ronx on
Using Microsoft software there are two choices:

1) Expression Web v3 - Designed for standards compliant cross browser web
pages. A 60 day trial is available from http://microsoft.com/expression
This will support MOST (not all) of the FrontPage components in FrontPage
2003 in existing pages. Not supported are: FrontPage Navigation, VML
graphics (no loss there) and database wizards. Whatever is already in the
page will not break. Support for the FrontPage components (webbots) will be
reduced in newer versions until eventually no support remains.

2) SharePoint Designer - aimed at SharePoint sites but can be used on
ordinary sites. A free download from http://microsoft.com. This is the best
(or worst depending on your point of view) from FP2003 coupled with
Expression Web v1.
No support for VML graphics, but almost every other FrontPage component is
supported.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: Rick Sparks on
Unless you really want to learn code, it would probably be best to get an old
copy of FP. eBay and Amazon both have it. Another important consideration is
to make sure your hosting site is continuing to support FP extensions. Some
hosting sites have/are discontinuing to offer them.... whereas others plan to
offer them indefinitely since FP was so user-friendly and continues to be
popular.

From: Larry Beyer on
Rick

I will sell you my copy of FrontPage 2003 (with product key) for $50.
You don't know me, but I trust you. You can pay me after you receive it.

LarryBeyer(a)comcast.net