From: tom12010 on
We are running WSS 3.0 with SQL Server 2008 both on the same server.

This was done to install and simplify working with Kerberos
authentication, a feature that the site admin wanted.

Where can I learn how to upgrade the backend server to SQL Server 2008
R2??

Is this even possible?? What else would need upgrading, if anything,
in addtion to the SQL part??

A major reason for this is so that all our SQL servers could be on the
same version instead of having version compability issues,
particularly so we could standardize on Report Builder 3.0.

Or would I be better off rebuilding the SharePoint server from scratch
to run on SQL Server 2008 R2??

Thank you, Tom