From: Roger on
today's is my first day with access2007, I've read and applied things
from
http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

when I open an access97 mdb with access2003, it gives me the option to
convert it to 2003 format
when I open an access2003 mdb with access2007, it doesn't, but there's
a 'save' option to access2007 accdb
what is gained by converting to an accdb ? what is the down side ?

I've got a form that works in access2003, and it opens in access2007
(form view), I can enter data in text boxes, and select from
comboboxes, but clicking a button does nothing
I've compiled the MDB, no errors
I've put a breakpoint in the button's on-click event and it never gets
there - did I miss setting some option somewhere ?

From: Allen Browne on
The up-side of converting to ACCDB format is that you can use the new
features (such as rich text fields.)

The down-side is that Access 2003 users cannot use the ACCDB file.

If you don't need or want any of the new features, you can quite happily use
an MDB file in A2007.

From: jbguernsey on
On Jul 30, 12:25 am, Roger <lesperan...(a)natpro.com> wrote:
> today's is my first day with access2007, I've read and applied things
> from
>      http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html
>
> when I open an access97 mdb with access2003, it gives me the option to
> convert it to 2003 format
> when I open an access2003 mdb with access2007, it doesn't, but there's
> a 'save' option to access2007 accdb
> what is gained by converting to an accdb ? what is the down side ?
>
> I've got a form that works in access2003, and it opens in access2007
> (form view), I can enter data in text boxes, and select from
> comboboxes, but clicking a button does nothing
> I've compiled the MDB, no errors
> I've put a breakpoint in the button's on-click event and it never gets
> there - did I miss setting some option somewhere ?

Sounds like the 'Trusted Locations' problem. Access has disabled ALL
your code and will continue to do so until you flag the folder where
the MDB lives as a 'Trusted Location'. Cannot tell you exactly where
(I'm running A2010 and A2003 but not 2007) but it's somewhere under
the big round button - top left of screen - if I remember correctly.
You need to find Trusted Locations and add a new location etc.

HTH

JB
From: jbguernsey on
On Jul 30, 10:54 am, jbguernsey <j...(a)angelsystems.co.uk> wrote:
> On Jul 30, 12:25 am, Roger <lesperan...(a)natpro.com> wrote:
>

> > today's is my first day with access2007, I've read and applied things
> > from
> >      http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html
>
> > when I open an access97 mdb with access2003, it gives me the option to
> > convert it to 2003 format
> > when I open an access2003 mdb with access2007, it doesn't, but there's
> > a 'save' option to access2007 accdb
> > what is gained by converting to an accdb ? what is the down side ?
>
> > I've got a form that works in access2003, and it opens in access2007
> > (form view), I can enter data in text boxes, and select from
> > comboboxes, but clicking a button does nothing
> > I've compiled the MDB, no errors
> > I've put a breakpoint in the button's on-click event and it never gets
> > there - did I miss setting some option somewhere ?
>
> Sounds like the 'Trusted Locations' problem.  Access has disabled ALL
> your code and will continue to do so until you flag the folder where
> the MDB lives as a 'Trusted Location'.  Cannot tell you exactly where
> (I'm running A2010 and A2003 but not 2007) but it's somewhere under
> the big round button - top left of screen - if I remember correctly.
> You need to find Trusted Locations and add a new location etc.
>
> HTH
>
> JB

Oh, I forgot to mention. You'll have to close Access and re-open it
before the new Trusted Location registers!

JB
From: John Spencer on
Here is a more detailed list of steps.

You need to install the database application in a trusted location if you are
going to run it using Access 2007. To create a trusted location on your
computer, you need to:
* Open Access 2007
* Click on the Office Button (Top Left)
* Click on Access Options (Bottom right)
* Click on Trust Center (from the list)
* Click on Trust Center Settings� (button lower right)
* Click Trusted Locations (from the list)
* Click Add New Location (button lower right)
* Click Browse button to locate the folder where the db application is located
* Check Trust subfolders of this location if you want to trust lower level
folders
* Click the OK button

Now any Access database in that location or added to that location will be
trusted and the code for it will run

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute