From: Kid on
hi

Can we use virtual memory or file mapping view buffer for device control and
read / write ? How can we send large data more than gigabytes to USB device
?

Thank for your teaching .

From: Don Burn on
Why would you want to have a gigabyte buffer? USB (even USB 3.0) is not
fast enough to warrant this type of buffering. Your approach would
consume significant system resources so slow down the whole computer. If
this is a commercial product please let us know what company so we can
boycott the firm offering it.

Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr

From: Kid on
What is the max buffer size do you suggest ?

From: Tim Roberts on
Kid <Kid(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>What is the max buffer size do you suggest ?

You need to do the math here. A gigabyte is going to take 20 or 25 seconds
to transfer, so there's no performance benefit in doing it as one big
transfer vs a whole bunch of smaller transfers. As long as the transfers
are multiples of 512 bytes, the device will see it as one big transfer.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.