From: Mike Scott on
Barbara Duprey wrote:
> I've been noticing a lot of posts on this list recently that really
> belong on the "users" list. Does anybody have any idea why? Is this just
> something that happens from time to time, or has something changed
> recently that might explain it?

Likewise. I admit to being a refugee from 'users' (although I mostly
refrain from posting support queries here) -- because 'users' was
getting too overcrowded with people who couldn't be bothered to use
google first; couldn't/wouldn't bother about subscribing, and some who
were, let's just say a mite too forthright for my taste in their
opinions of other contributors. It all meant the signal:noise dropped
too low to be useful - do I sense something similar starting here too? ;-}

--
Mike Scott

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: AS on
On 07/07/2010 06:31 AM, Mike Scott wrote:
> Barbara Duprey wrote:
>> I've been noticing a lot of posts on this list recently that really
>> belong on the "users" list. Does anybody have any idea why? Is this
>> just something that happens from time to time, or has something
>> changed recently that might explain it?
>
> Likewise. I admit to being a refugee from 'users' (although I mostly
> refrain from posting support queries here) -- because 'users' was
> getting too overcrowded with people who couldn't be bothered to use
> google first; couldn't/wouldn't bother about subscribing, and some who
> were, let's just say a mite too forthright for my taste in their
> opinions of other contributors. It all meant the signal:noise dropped
> too low to be useful - do I sense something similar starting here too?
> ;-}

Which list supports "users"?

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Sigrid Carrera on
Hi,

2010/7/7 AS <peace(a)aleksandrsolzhenitsyn.net>:
> On 07/07/2010 06:31 AM, Mike Scott wrote:
>>
>> Barbara Duprey wrote:

[...]

> Which list supports "users"?

The list that is called users. :)

users(a)openoffice.org

This is the right list for questions about how to use the program.

Sigrid

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org