From: Barbara Duprey on

catfan.mn(a)netzero.com wrote:

> [...]

Ubuntu customizes their version of OOo, so there may be a difference
there. It's still surprising that the system colors don't rule the menu
bars in OOo. If nobody suggests a better solution, you might want to get
the "vanilla" version from www.openoffice.org and see if that helps.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: NoOp on
On 07/07/2010 06:13 AM, Barbara Duprey wrote:

> catfan.mn(a)netzero.com wrote:
>>
>>> I got the OpenOffice included in the Ubuntu 10.4 distro.
>>>
>>> The hard-to-read menu colors are only in OO, not in my other programs or Ubuntu window menus.
>>>
>>> Ted
>>>

> Ubuntu customizes their version of OOo, so there may be a difference
> there. It's still surprising that the system colors don't rule the menu
> bars in OOo. If nobody suggests a better solution, you might want to get
> the "vanilla" version from www.openoffice.org and see if that helps.

Barbara,

The problem that he is having is related to the new & improved <sarcasm>
Ubuntu Ambiance desktop theme. A link to a screenshot is here:
<http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/9536/64274545.png>
It's nothing to do with OOo (Ubuntu version or standard OOo version). He
can either change or modify his desktop theme. Otherwise he needs to
file a bug here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org
and here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/light-themes

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Barbara Duprey on
NoOp wrote:

>> Ubuntu customizes their version of OOo, so there may be a difference
>> there. It's still surprising that the system colors don't rule the menu
>> bars in OOo. If nobody suggests a better solution, you might want to get
>> the "vanilla" version from www.openoffice.org and see if that helps.
>>

> Barbara,
>
> The problem that he is having is related to the new & improved <sarcasm>
> Ubuntu Ambiance desktop theme. A link to a screenshot is here:
> <http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/9536/64274545.png>
> It's nothing to do with OOo (Ubuntu version or standard OOo version). He
> can either change or modify his desktop theme. Otherwise he needs to
> file a bug here:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org
> and here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/light-themes

Thanks! It didn't sound like that kind of thing, since it doesn't affect
his other apps, but I guess OOo relies on something in particular
they've "improved"!

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org