From: Raphael Mudge on
Hello OOo Community,
I'm writing to announce a new English grammar checking extension for OpenOffice.org. After the Deadline offers a smart English grammar, style, and contextual spelling checker for OpenOffice.org. The style checker finds passive voice, clichés, redundant phrases, and complex expressions. The contextual spelling checker (similar to the MS Word 2007/2010 feature) looks for misused words and reports them to you.

You can get the OpenOffice.org extension at:

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/after-the-deadline

After the Deadline is developed by Automattic, the folks behind WordPress.com, Akismet, Gravatar, and IntenseDebate. This project exists to make quality proofreading tools available to the open source community. So far we've made After the Deadline available for WordPress, Firefox, and Google Chrome.

This extension is new, please consider it a beta. If you have questions (or feedback), feel free to direct them my way. I'm here to help.

-- Raphael

Raphael Mudge
Code Wrangler, Automattic
http://www.automattic.com | http://www.afterthedeadline.com

Cross-posted to users and discuss.
For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org