From: Moe Fred on
HI guys, am using shoes as my GUI for a project am working on, am
basically trying to create a shogi game board, but am getting a $end
expecting Kend compiling error? and its killing me am not really great
with ruby yet I have just started, so please guys if you can help.
please help here is what is did so far

Shoes.app :width =>400, :height =>400 do
class Movechecker :board
attr_accessor :board
def initialize
@board = []
for r in 0...17
@board [r]=0
end
end
end

am I just doing it wrong or am I missing something? and how would you
create a game board if this whole thing is wrong?

From: Eric Christopherson on
On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Moe Fred <moomed2003(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> HI guys, am using shoes as my GUI for a project am working on, am
> basically trying to create a shogi game board, but am getting a $end
> expecting Kend compiling error? and its killing me am not really great
> with ruby yet I have just started, so please guys if you can help.
> please help here is what is did so far

Try taking out ":board" after "class Movechecker".

From: Moe Fred on
Eric Christopherson wrote:

> Try taking out ":board" after "class Movechecker".

I did i got the same error Eric syntax unexpected $end expecting Kend
this is the code
Shoes.app :width=> 400, :height=>400 do
class Movechecker
attr_accessor :board
def initialize
@board = []
for r in 0...17
@board [r] = 0
end
end
end
hopefully this is what you meant

From: Moe Fred on
Moe Fred wrote:
I think I got something I capitalized the c in Class and I took out the
:board after Movechecker and got a shoe window to come up Yes so good
so far how would I get the board drawn from here?

From: Steve Klabnik on

You may want to post this to the shoooes mailing list, just send an email to
shoes(a)librelist.com