From: Prohock on
Simple question! I have a table that has a single field called [name]. I want
my report to display true if a name matches "bill". For exam if the field
value is "bill Jan" or "Jan Bill" it would be true, "Jan Mark" would be
false. Something like this:

=IIf([Name] Like "&bill&","true","false")
From: Allen Browne on
Use * as the wildcard, so:
=IIf([YourFieldNameHere] Like "*bill*", "Yep", "Nah")

There is a serious problem with the field named Name. Most things in Access
(including reports) have a Name property, so Access is likely to mistake
your example and use the Name of the report instead of the contents of the
field named Name. Rename the field to CustomerName or somthing.

Before you do that, turn Name AutoCorrect off. Otherwise Access remembers
and still tries to match the original field name. More info on why you want
this off:
http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html