From: stc confused stc on
While using reveal formats, I lost the table of contents and headers. In
their place, a code appears. It affected all my documents, not just the one
i was working on and I didn't save the document upon exiting. If I move to a
different computer (with 2007) the table and headers appear. Help??
From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes (what you're seeing) to
field results.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)