From: Sanjay Kulkarni on
Can somebody throw more light on this. I hadn't come across this
before.

Note: When calling this property from VB/A, enclose it in square
brackets (for example, DrawingView.[Scale] ). Otherwise, VB/A can
confuse it with its own Scale reserved word. reserved word.
From: Norm Cook on
"Sanjay Kulkarni" <sanganaksakha(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can somebody throw more light on this. I hadn't come across this
> before.
>
> Note: When calling this property from VB/A, enclose it in square
> brackets (for example, DrawingView.[Scale] ). Otherwise, VB/A can
> confuse it with its own Scale reserved word. reserved word.

In MSDN help, search for "code basics" (with quotes), & check out
the first result. At the bottom of this page is some verbage
on this topic.

A good example of this usage is in Enums, e. g.
Public Enum eAppearance
Flat
[3D]
End Enum