From: CraftyTech on
Hello,

I'm trying to re-commission this v490, and when I issue the
command "console" from the rsc prompt (connected via serial
connection) it just hangs in there and it doesn't take me to the
command prompt. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a way to force
the console command? I've already tried reseting the rsc and
rebooting the system.

Thanks,

Henry
From: ITguy on
>     I'm trying to re-commission this v490, and when I issue the
> command "console" from the rsc prompt (connected via serial
> connection) it just hangs in there and it doesn't take me to the
> command prompt.  Has anyone seen this before?  Is there a way to force
> the console command?  I've already tried reseting the rsc and
> rebooting the system.

Is there a frame buffer and keyboard plugged in? Maybe the console
just isn't set up to go to RSC. You'll likely need to get in on the
serial console to get going. If you get nothing on the serial port,
switch the key over to the diag position and power cycle. See RSC
docs: http://docs.sun.com/source/819-2022-10/RSC_223_relnotes.html