From: deostroll on
There is an image capturing device which outputs images in wmf. This image is
directly stored in the db. These images are supposed to appear on web page
(in IE). Only some of the images appear; others don't. When we investigated
the problem we observed various things:

a) Those problematic images don't appear visible on the web page, but they
are still there! If you right click the image and try to save it on your hard
disk from IE browser, you get a file.

b) This file is viewable via desktop image viewers like Microsoft Picture
Viewer.

c) We can view this image if we convert the file into jpeg.

The jpeg alternative seem viable, but its simply too much processing on the
web server if we adpoted that approach. Its only that some of these images
have this problem. We have millions of records of data with images. We figure
only 10 % of images do have the issue.

Is there a way to detect such problematic wmf files?