From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.lang.javascript message <4c581d56$0$2913$bed64819(a)gradwell.net>,
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 14:44:29, Denis McMahon <denis.m.f.mcmahon(a)googlemail.co
m> posted:

>There are two ways to address objects relating to input elements in a
>form from within javascript. One, which some people now consider
>outdated, is as a named property of the parent form object, and the
>other is using the element id. If using the named property of form
>method, then you also need to identify the form, either as a member of
>the document's forms collection, or as a named property of the document.

To me, using Form.name seems far more structured than using an ID.

Query : is there an array or collection of IDs, as there is of anchors?
None of my guessed identifiers for it was accepted, and without an
identifier it's hard to look up,

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 IE 7.
Command-prompt MiniTrue is useful for viewing/searching/altering files. Free,