From: Wendy Elizabeth on
I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server 2008. I
want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them together
with a table of contents in a visual basic.net 2008. I then want to export
these reports into an electronic format to email to users.

Can you give me suggestions on how to accomplish this task?
From: Simon Whale on
Have a look at crystal reports that comes with visual studio, you can export
as pdf, excel (but becareful there i found formatting was poor but maybe i
did something wrong!) and csv

"Wendy Elizabeth" <WendyElizabeth(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:00611362-E2A8-40DD-96E2-37FC4057986D(a)microsoft.com...

From: Wendy Elizabeth on
"Simon Whale";

Thank you for your response. However, my company is now writing the new
reports in sql server report service 2008. We used to use Crystal Reports.
We are going to export the new reports to a word format.
What I need to so is create a table of contents for this report? I see that
Word has an automatic TOC. Do you think there is a way that I can accomplish
this with vb.net?

Thanks!

From: Simon Whale on
from what i've read this will have to be added after the report is made

the following link shows how to do it within vb.net

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/14/10028473/how-to-generate-table-of.aspx

HTH
Simon
"Wendy Elizabeth" <WendyElizabeth(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0FB034B7-3CB6-466C-9A21-A920F04E49A0(a)microsoft.com...
> "Simon Whale";
>
> Thank you for your response. However, my company is now writing the new
> reports in sql server report service 2008. We used to use Crystal Reports.
> We are going to export the new reports to a word format.
> What I need to so is create a table of contents for this report? I see
> that
> Word has an automatic TOC. Do you think there is a way that I can
> accomplish
> this with vb.net?
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Simon Whale" wrote:
>
>> Have a look at crystal reports that comes with visual studio, you can
>> export
>> as pdf, excel (but becareful there i found formatting was poor but maybe
>> did something wrong!) and csv
>>
>> "Wendy Elizabeth" <WendyElizabeth(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:00611362-E2A8-40DD-96E2-37FC4057986D(a)microsoft.com...
>> >I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server
>> >2008.
>> > want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them
>> > together
>> > with a table of contents in a visual basic.net 2008. I then want to
>> > export
>> > these reports into an electronic format to email to users.
>> >
>> > Can you give me suggestions on how to accomplish this task?
>>

>> .

Pages: 1
Prev: A problem about the setacl
Next: Help with Help