From: Lando on
Is is possible to write a vbs script to write to an iframe in an external
HTA file that is running? I have a vbscript runs at login for mapping
drives, etc. The script opens an html dialog to display the login results as
they are processed. I would like to convert the html dialog to an hta
application so I don't need to host the login html on one of our web servers
and just have the script open the hta file from the same location the script
runs. Any sample code would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

From: McKirahan on
"Lando" <lando(a)noemails.com> wrote in message
> Is is possible to write a vbs script to write to an iframe in an external
> HTA file that is running? I have a vbscript runs at login for mapping
> drives, etc. The script opens an html dialog to display the login results
as
> they are processed. I would like to convert the html dialog to an hta
> application so I don't need to host the login html on one of our web
servers
> and just have the script open the hta file from the same location the
script
> runs. Any sample code would be GREATLY appreciated!
>
> Thanks!

Why not just convert the VBS to an HTA?

From: maximillianx on
That, or you might try to write an html progress file in the users %temp%
folder if your AV policy won't bark too much...

Regards...
Rob

From: McKirahan on
"McKirahan" <News(a)McKirahan.com> wrote in message
> "Lando" <lando(a)noemails.com> wrote in message
> > Is is possible to write a vbs script to write to an iframe in an
external
> > HTA file that is running? I have a vbscript runs at login for mapping
> > drives, etc. The script opens an html dialog to display the login
results
> as
> > they are processed. I would like to convert the html dialog to an hta
> > application so I don't need to host the login html on one of our web
> servers
> > and just have the script open the hta file from the same location the
> script
> > runs. Any sample code would be GREATLY appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Why not just convert the VBS to an HTA?

Here's an example that updates a 'textarea' with timestamped progress
messages. The most recent message is on top.

<head>
<title>process.hta</title>
<HTA:Application ID = "HTA"
ApplicationName = "Process"
Border = "thin"
BorderStyle = "normal"
Caption = "yes"
Icon = ""
MaximizeButton = "yes"
MinimizeButton = "yes"
ShowInTaskBar = "yes"
SingleInstance = "yes"
SysMenu = "yes"
Version = "1.0"
WindowState = "maximize"

<script type="text/vbscript">
Option Explicit
Const cHTA = "process.hta"

Sub doProcess(form)
'***
' Processing...
'****
If form.StartStop.value = "Start" Then
form.StartStop.value = "Stop"
Call doStatus(form,"")
Call doStatus(form,"Started.")
'*
'* Your processing logic here ...................................
'*
Else
Call doStatus(form,"Stopped.")
form.StartStop.value = "Start"
End If
End Sub

Sub doStatus(form,what)
'***
' Update 'textarea' with timestamped progress messages.
'****
If what = "" Then form.Status.value = ""
If form.Status.value = "" Then
form.Status.value = FormatDateTime(Now,2)
Else
form.Status.value = FormatDateTime(Now,3) & _
" -- " & what & vbCrLf & form.Status.value
End If
End Sub
</script>
</head>
<th>
<h4>process.hta</h4>
<b>This HTML Application (HTA) does stuff...</b>
<form name="formHTA">
<input type="button" name="StartStop" value="Start"
style="width:100px" onclick="doProcess(formHTA)">
<textarea name="Status" cols="50" rows="8" readonly></textarea>
</form>
</th>
<script type="text/javascript">
var what = "\n\t Timestamped";
what += "\n\n\t\t progress messages";
what += "\n\n\t\t\t are displayed here.";
document.formHTA.Status.value = what;
</script>

From: Lando on
Thank you very much for the sample code but my current vbs script is over
1500 lines long and converting it to HTA would take some time. I may look at
converting it later but there are some limitations in HTA such as no
wscript.sleep, etc that would have an impact on my script. Does anyne know
if my inital question is possible? Having a vbs file write to a iframe in a
running HTA. Thanks again for everyones help. You guys are always such a
good resource.

Lando

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Scripts in console - color coding output
Next: WMI