From: Joe from florida on
I'm using Lytec software that uses MS SQL server to connect three computers
using XP home. One computer has gradually become very slow when connecting to
the server. Time out errors have occured, ie 0x80004005 error code HYT00.
Any idea what might be causing this? The other computers are still very fast
over th 100mps network. The slow computer is fast performing all other
tasks. It is still slow after disconnecting the firewall.
Thanks,
Joe
From: Greg Low (MVP) on
DNS issues perhaps?

Regards,

Greg

"Joe from florida" <Joefromflorida(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:002CDE60-05AA-4CB0-817C-C245E51FABAD(a)microsoft.com...

From: Joe from florida on
Thanks for your response. I rechecked everything and still no solution. I
replaced the MB based network card with a PCI network card and things are
back to normal. I was surprised that a defective card would still function
albeit slowly. Thanks again.

"Greg Low (MVP)" wrote:

> DNS issues perhaps?
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg
>
> "Joe from florida" <Joefromflorida(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:002CDE60-05AA-4CB0-817C-C245E51FABAD(a)microsoft.com...
> > I'm using Lytec software that uses MS SQL server to connect three
> > computers
> > using XP home. One computer has gradually become very slow when connecting
> > the server. Time out errors have occured, ie 0x80004005 error code HYT00.
> > Any idea what might be causing this? The other computers are still very
> > fast
> > over th 100mps network. The slow computer is fast performing all other
> > tasks. It is still slow after disconnecting the firewall.
> > Thanks,
> > Joe
>
> .

Pages: 1