From: Dave Airlie on
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Eric Valette <eric.valette(a)free.fr> wrote:
> Hi david,
>
> As I saw some changes in the .35, I tried again on amilo xi 3650. As you
> will see its a Intel/Nvidia hybrid graphic laptop.
>
> When I use the delayed switch option, and restart X via the kdm restart X
> server option, I see the message of the switch and then it hangs rock solid.
> I'm forced to push on the power button for 5 s.
>
> vga_switcheroo: client 0 refused switch <== exiting the kdm session
> vga_switcheroo: setting delayed switch to client 1
> vga_switcheroo: processing delayed switch to 1 <== restarting X server
>

> If I use the bios, to force the cards, both settings works correctly, hybrid
> mode also works correctly as long as I use the Intel card but I cannot
> activate dynamically the nvidia one via vga switcheroo.
>
> Problem is that to have the hdmi output on this laptop I'm forced to use the
> nvidia driver and my kid like to see their film on TV...

[drm:i915_init] *ERROR* drm/i915 can't work without intel_agp module!

doesn't look good,

though I still haven't had a successful intel/nvidia switch as I lack
the hardware, and nobody has worked out exactly which ACPI method is
used to switch the MUX.

if you can get a dmesg with i915 and nouveau loaded then open a bug on
bugs.kernel.org I can try and work with you to figure that out,

Dave.