From: Harvey Tod Harvey on
Hi I have a problem using vlookup between 2 large spreadsheets.
=vlookup(A1:A835,"bbb",AI7:AL165,C7:C165) where a1:a835 ia a list of codes on
worksheet 1 "bbb" is the name of the second worksheet, AI7:AL165 is the range
in the 2nd worksheet where the code will be found -I then want the text in
column C of the row where the code is found All I am getting is #VALUE! Can
you let me know where I am going wrong please as I cannot find an answer in
the written help.
From: tompl on
Assuming the value you are looking for is in column A and you want the lookup
results in column C, and you want the value in C to be from the 4th column
from sheet "BBB", then put this formula in cell C1 and copy it down to cell
C835.

=VLOOKUP(A1,BBB!$AI$7:$AL$167,4,FALSE)

The value in column A will be used to search column AI on sheet BBB then
return the value from column AL on sheet BBB to your firs sheet in column C.

Tom

From: Eduardo on
Hi,

=index($c$7:$C$165,match(A1,bbb!$AI$7:$AI$165,0))