From: Samantha on
I am trying to lookup a value in one worksheet, find an approximate match in
another table, and return the corresponding value from the 2nd column of the
lookup table. I get either #NA or #REF!
Please help!?!?!
From: ozgrid.com on
To prevent the #N/A allow it to happen, hide the column, and reference it
with: =IF(ISNA(A1),"",A1)

#REF! means you have a dud reference.
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/formula-errors.htm
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/debug-formula-errors.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: Dave Peterson on
Usually when I get #REF! errors is when I don't make the lookup table wide
enough to return the column that I want -- trying to return the 3rd column from
a 2 column lookup table.

(Or when I break the formula by deleting one of the referred to ranges or when
the table actually contains that error.)

You may want to share the formula if this doesn't help.

And include some sample data -- what you're trying to lookup and what's in the
first column of the lookup table.

--

Dave Peterson