From: Jo-Anne on
I've taken to listening to podcasts on my three WinXP fully updated
computers. I use VLC Media Player. Some podcasts are so quiet that I have to
turn the volume all the way up both in VLC and in the volume control for the
computer. And even that can be a bit too quiet. Is there another way to
increase the volume for these podcasts? I looked at Sounds and Audio Devices
in Control Panel, but nothing seemed obvious.

Thank you!

Jo-Anne

From: T Shadow on
"Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I've taken to listening to podcasts on my three WinXP fully updated
> computers. I use VLC Media Player. Some podcasts are so quiet that I have
> to turn the volume all the way up both in VLC and in the volume control
> for the computer. And even that can be a bit too quiet. Is there another
> way to increase the volume for these podcasts? I looked at Sounds and
> Audio Devices in Control Panel, but nothing seemed obvious.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jo-Anne

Make sure "Wave" and/or "What You Hear" is turned up. Sound card, drivers
and speaker setup, if more than 2, used would be needed to go further.

From: Jo-Anne on
"T Shadow" <None(a)void.com> wrote in message
> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> I've taken to listening to podcasts on my three WinXP fully updated
>> computers. I use VLC Media Player. Some podcasts are so quiet that I have
>> to turn the volume all the way up both in VLC and in the volume control
>> for the computer. And even that can be a bit too quiet. Is there another
>> way to increase the volume for these podcasts? I looked at Sounds and
>> Audio Devices in Control Panel, but nothing seemed obvious.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jo-Anne
>
> Make sure "Wave" and/or "What You Hear" is turned up. Sound card, drivers
> and speaker setup, if more than 2, used would be needed to go further.

Thank you, T Shadow! I didn't find "What You Hear," but I turned the volume
up to full on every setting at Sounds and Audio Devices, and it does seem to
be louder.

Jo-Anne

From: Harry on
On Jun 12, 2:07 pm, "Jo-Anne" <Jo-A...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> I've taken to listening to podcasts on my three WinXP fully updated
> computers. I use VLC Media Player. Some podcasts are so quiet that I have to
> turn the volume all the way up both in VLC and in the volume control for the
> computer. And even that can be a bit too quiet. Is there another way to
> increase the volume for these podcasts? I looked at Sounds and Audio Devices
> in Control Panel, but nothing seemed obvious.

Google "audio increase" and you will find some hints.
Here is one of them.
http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/normalize_avi.html

I do it all the time on divx movies.
1. use VirualDubMod to extract the wave file from the .avi
2. use VirtualDub to insert the wave file and increae the volume.
From: Jo-Anne on
"Harry" <harryooopotter(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
On Jun 12, 2:07 pm, "Jo-Anne" <Jo-A...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> I've taken to listening to podcasts on my three WinXP fully updated
> computers. I use VLC Media Player. Some podcasts are so quiet that I have
> turn the volume all the way up both in VLC and in the volume control for
> the
> computer. And even that can be a bit too quiet. Is there another way to
> increase the volume for these podcasts? I looked at Sounds and Audio
> Devices
> in Control Panel, but nothing seemed obvious.

<<Google "audio increase" and you will find some hints.
Here is one of them.
http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/normalize_avi.html

I do it all the time on divx movies.
1. use VirualDubMod to extract the wave file from the .avi
2. use VirtualDub to insert the wave file and increae the volume.>>

Thank you, Harry! I've bookmarked that webpage and will use what you use the
next time I run into audio that's too low.

Jo-Anne