From: Sagaert Johan on
Hi all

I have an app running ok on W7 32 bit but on an W7/x64 it crashes immediate
(no exeption thrown) .
the program has stopped, windows is searching for a solution......

Runs ok in XP mode.

Should i install Net 2 SP1 x64 ?

I have currently no VS2005 on this machine.

any clues or hints ?

Johan

From: Peter Duniho on
Sagaert Johan wrote:
> Hi all
>

> I have an app running ok on W7 32 bit but on an W7/x64 it crashes immediate
> (no exeption thrown) .

A crash _is_ an exception. More likely, you mean that the exception
that is being thrown isn't catchable by your code.

> the program has stopped, windows is searching for a solution......
>
> Runs ok in XP mode.
>
> Should i install Net 2 SP1 x64 ?
>
> I have currently no VS2005 on this machine.
>
> any clues or hints ?

We could ask the same. You haven't even described the crash.

However, I would guess that most likely your project configuration has a
target of "AnyCPU", but for some reason relies on a 32-bit DLL so when
you run it on x64 architecture and your program is compiled as 64-bit
code, it isn't allowed to load the 32-bit DLL.

That's just a guess though. There's no way to know without more
specific information.

Pete
From: Sagaert Johan on
normally a dialog is shown that an exception happened, offering a close or
continue option, but now it is just closing without any exeption dialog
shown.

the code is compiled on XP pro/32bit , i hate to upgrade...,
since vista the os lost a lot of its transparency for a developer.

Johan

From: Doug Forster on
> the code is compiled on XP pro/32bit , i hate to upgrade...,
> since vista the os lost a lot of its transparency for a developer.

Where it is compiled has nothing to to with the target. The lack of an
exception dialog makes Petes idea even more likely to be correct.

Cheers
Doug Forster

From: Andy Yong on
Have you try to see if there is any error logs in the Windows Event Viewer ?