From: Noel Jones on
On 5/6/2010 4:13 AM, Thanachit Vichianchay wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> My Postfix is configured as an email gateway for a domain.
> and enable SMTP Authentication, TLS encryption to enhance the security
> of email traffic.
> but I get many of these warnings in my postfix log.
>
> May 6 12:55:42 mailscan1 postfix/smtpd[19482]: [ID 947731 mail.warning]
> warning: network_biopair_interop: error reading 5 bytes from the
> network: Connection reset by peer

This is logged when the remote client disconnects in the
middle of a TLS-encrypted session.

No mail is lost; the remote client is free to retry sending
the message.

If there is one particular site that consistently has this
error, they may have an incompatible or broken TLS
implementation. To selectively turn off TLS for problem
sites, see:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps

If this seems to happen randomly, or mostly from sites that
look like zombies trying to spam you, then you can safely
ignore the message.

Hint: next time, ask Google if they've ever heard of an error.

-- Noel Jones

Pages: 1
Prev: Webmaster for Postfix.org
Next: looping question