From: joe on
was this issue ever resolved, I having been searching the web for almost 2 weeks for a solution

thanks

Track wrote:

Vista setup Make App Available all Users - not work?
30-Nov-07

I created a setup program in VS2005 ide. It installs my app on 98-Vista. I
have tried this with the Click once check box checked(full trust) and not
checked does not seem to matter.

Anyway, the setup works fine. But in Vista, the program icon on the desktop
and the start menu run the app fine if logged in as the primary admin, but if
logged in as anyone else, even with admin privlages, the icons/startup menu
item seems to try to run the setup program instead of the application.exe.
Gives a message cant find the programname.msi file.

If you manually create a desktop icon to the app.exe logged in as secondary
user then the app runs ok.

I cant figure what is wrong. I have looked at the options for creating the
icons etc and cant see what the problem is. Does VS2005 setups it not work
right in Vista?

Am I supposed to install the .msi file in may app folder in Vista? Its not
really supposed to be a click once app its distributed on CD (or web download
of self extracting file)'

Why is there a file in Vista, in may app folder, called Myappname.exe which
explorer says is an XML file, and another file called Mappname with no
extension shown in explorer as an application?

The icon props show the path to "Myappname", not the full path to the
program folder. Is this suppose to be the path now ie \program
files\mycompany\Myappname.exe"

Any clues where to look?

Are there any GOOD docs of how to install VS2005 app (vb.net app) on Vista.
Is it really any different than XP?

Thanks,

Tom

On Friday, November 30, 2007 12:03 PM
Track wrote:

[...]

On Monday, October 05, 2009 8:03 AM
Johan Verschure wrote:

Vista setup Make App Available all Users - not work? - Track
We have the same problem.

XP=> Everything is working fine.

Vista
Installation is OK.
For the installing user it works fine.
For other domain-users the App runs with an error.
For local users it works fine.

In short:
We think there is a domain policy executed on Vista (but not on XP!!!) that is causing the problem.

Track wrote:

[...]

The XSL Companion (Second Edition)
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e2fed85a-0938-44e4-b0ef-feaf3e5eca6e/the-xsl-companion-second.aspx

On Monday, October 05, 2009 5:18 PM
Family Tree Mike wrote:

Re: Vista setup Make App Available all Users - not work? - Track
Johan Verschure wrote:

Try running your application in Visual Studio on Vista. You will tell
you a lot more info. Maybe someone can help you if you post that
information.

--
Mike

Adding WCF Service References