From: Florian Liebig on
Does someone know where to get a good handbook for that open watcom
assembler "wasm.exe" like in ".pdf" format or so ? I've neither found
anything in www, nor under their official openwatcom's internet site.

thank you for any efforts,
Florian.

From: hutch-- on
Florian,

The documentation foe WASM is non-existent and the available source
code does not help you that much either. Last time I looked at it, it
has comments at the beginning asking anyone who knew to help out making
sense of it.

Unless you have a very good reason, you will get far better results by
using assemblers that are alive and well and still being supported,
GAS, MASM NASM and a few others depending on the object module format
and OS platform you require.

Regards,

hutch at movsd dot com

From: Rod Pemberton on

"Florian Liebig" <FlorianLiebigEMD(a)compuserve.de> wrote in message
> Does someone know where to get a good handbook for that open watcom
> assembler "wasm.exe" like in ".pdf" format or so ? I've neither found
> anything in www, nor under their official openwatcom's internet site.
>
> thank you for any efforts,
> Florian.

No. Are you wanting documentation for OpenWatcom's wasm or for the C
_asm{}directive? Wasm is a clone of Masm and my understanding is that it is
very compatible. The _asm{} directive implements a very small subset of
masm like assembly where many things didn't work in OW1.3. They may be
fixed in OW1.4 though. Things like forward references and labels were or
may still be broken. Did you ask in openwatcom.users.c_cpp?

Rod Pemberton

From: Annie on

On 2006-02-25 betov(a)free.fr said:

> [ ... snip ... ]
>
> The actual Assemblers are:
>
> * NASM: < http://sourceforge.net/projects/nasm >
> * RosAsm: < http://betov.free.fr/RosAsm.html >
> * FASM: < http://flatassembler.net/ >
> * GoAsm: < http://www.godevtool.com/index.html >
>
> Betov. _____
((( `\
You forgot A386: _ _`\ )
< http://eji.com/a86/ > (^ ) )
~-( )
_'((,,,)))
,-' \_/ `\
( , |
`-.-'`-.-'/|_|
\ / | |
=()=: / ,' aa

From: Betov on
"hutch--" <hutch(a)movsd.com> ?crivait news:1140906130.051792.174510
@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

> If you have the documentation for WASM, why not publish it for someone
> who needs it

I do not think that anybody *needs* it.

:)

Betov.