From: jeffhill on
I have written a query to display a list of customers in my database (MS
Access)
When I ran the query the DBMS displays no records. I know there should be
records of at least 10 people. What might have caused this?
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
"jeffhill" <jeffhill(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have written a query to display a list of customers in my database (MS
> Access)
> When I ran the query the DBMS displays no records. I know there should be
> records of at least 10 people. What might have caused this?

Something in either a join or where clause is filtering out your records.
Start with 1 table and add tables or criteria 1 at a time and check the
results as you go.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Duane Hookom on
I expect someone could help if they could see your tables, relationships,
data, and the SQL view of your query. Since we aren't privy to any of this,
we have to rely on you to provide all of the information that might be
significant.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:34:01 -0700, jeffhill
<jeffhill(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have written a query to display a list of customers in my database (MS
>Access)
>When I ran the query the DBMS displays no records. I know there should be
>records of at least 10 people. What might have caused this?

An error in the query, or an error in the data.

Since we can't see either it's a bit hard to be more specific. Perhaps you
could open the query in SQL view and post the SQL text here, and indicate a
sample of the data you're expecting to see.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]