From: cheryl on
the broom icon shows in some instances. what does it mean and how do i
remove it?
From: trip_to_tokyo on
EXCEL 2007

If you mean the Format Painter try the following:-

Home main tab

Clipboard group

click on Format Painter to turn it off or on

Thanks.

From: Gord Dibben on
In 2007............Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Cut, copy and paste.

In 2003............Tools>Options>Edit

Uncheck the options which display the format painter.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Bob Umlas, Excel MVP on
You can't get rid of the format painter in 2007 without customizing the
ribbon. It's a handy tool for copying formatting.