From: Pedda on
Hi,

I am Hemanth Kumar. I am new to using Oracle.
I was just anxious to know what would be the maximum size of info that
can be stored in an oracle column.

Can someone please suggest me on this how to retrieve it..??

Thanks in advance !

--Hemanth
From: Steve Howard on

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e10820/limits001.htm#i287903
From: Mark D Powell on
On Jul 21, 3:02 pm, Pedda <hemanth.6...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Hemanth Kumar. I am new to using Oracle.
> I was just anxious to know what would be the maximum size of info that
> can be stored in an oracle column.
>
> Can someone please suggest me on this how to retrieve it..??
>
> Thanks in advance !
>
> --Hemanth

The longest value that may be stored in a column depends on the Oracle
data type of the column. You can store from 1 byte to 4GB in a column
again depending on the data type.

The Oracle manuals are available online and on a CD that comes with
the Oracle CD Set: http://tahiti.oracle.com

See the Concepts manual or the Application Developers Guide -
Fundamentals to see information on the Oracle data types and their
usage.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --