From: Billie the Kid on
I can't send any email with OE to nobody. my account is with aol.com &
hotmail.com
and even more.
and even my password go through with aol & hotmail, so far ,but it's always
block anytime I
try to send an email please tell me what to do below is errors;
OUTLOOK EXPRESS ERROR
Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and
password are correct. Account: 'Hotmail', Server:
'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol:
HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Forbidden', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 998, Socket Error: 87, Error Number: 0x800CCC33

&===

The connection to the server has failed.
Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060,
Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

HELP,HELP & MORE HELP !!

From: Ron Sommer on
Since September 1, OE can only access a Hotmail account using pop3.

AOL requires port 587 and authentication.
http://about.aol.com/faq/openmailaccess#OE6
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"Billie the Kid" <BillietheKid(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't send any email with OE to nobody. my account is with aol.com &
> hotmail.com
> and even more.
> and even my password go through with aol & hotmail, so far ,but it's
> always
> block anytime I
> try to send an email please tell me what to do below is errors;
> OUTLOOK EXPRESS ERROR
> Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and
> password are correct. Account: 'Hotmail', Server:
> 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol:
> HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Forbidden', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No,
> Server Error: 998, Socket Error: 87, Error Number: 0x800CCC33
>
> &===
>
> The connection to the server has failed.
> Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>
> HELP,HELP & MORE HELP !!

Pages: 1
Prev: confirm email address