From: RipperT on
------------Begin code---------------------------------
Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone
Dim strInmateID As String
strInmateID = Me.ImateID

rs.FindFirst "InmateId = '" & strInmateID & "'"

If rs.NoMatch Then
MsgBox "No entry found.", vbInformation, "Data Not Found"
ElseIf Not rs.EOF Then
Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
End If
------------------End code-----------------------------

The line Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark generates the following error:

"Run-time error '2115':
The macro of function set to the BeforeUpdate or ValidationRule
property for this field is preventing Access from saving the data in the
field."

I've removed the BeforeUpdate event code and no change. I've removed the
validation rule and no change.
What data is Access trying to save? It's just a simple fine record
operation. I don't get it.
I have nearly the exact same code in another form and it works wonderfully.
What could be wrong?
Many thanks,

Ripper

From: Allen Browne on
What's wrong is that the current record is dirty (unsaved edits) and cannot
be saved.

Access must save the current record before it can move to another. If the
current record cannot be saved, the attempt to set the form's bookmark to
another record will fail.

You can verify this is the problem by explicitly saving first:
If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False

Include error handling to cope with the case where the record cannot be
saved.