From: Owen Jacobson on
On 2010-07-24 02:29:40 -0400, Archimedes Plutonium said:

> Transfer Principle wrote:
>
>> solve 2x = log(x!) for x
>>
>> and then clicked on "use the base 10 logarithm." Though Wolfram
>> returns the trivial value x = 0, there is a graph, and one can
>> roll the mouse over the non-trivial solution:
>>
>> (268.087, 536.175)
>>
>> Thus, we find that 268! is approximately 10^536.
>>

> 268! = 10^536
> Thanks, will store that for future use.
>
> I don't think there is a nucleus with 268 nucleons

If you don't care for stability, you can fit rather more 268 nucleons
into a nucleus. 285a Cn (element 112) has a half life around half a
minute, which is just long enough to experiment with if you're quick
(and behind a heavy radiation shield). 294 Uno (element 118) has a half
life under 1 millisecond, which is still quite a while on the scale of
nuclear reactions. Isotopes with more than 268 nucleons appear starting
at dubnium (element 105).

-o