From: Kue2 on
Charlie
You hear anything from the "powers that be" regarding a "new" abode?
From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Funny thing, I asked again this morning. The answer:

"Hey Charlie,
We're still working on this. We'll let you know as soon as we have it
figured out. Haven't forgotten about it."

Now you know as much as I do. ;)
--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Steve Foster on
Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

> Funny thing, I asked again this morning. The answer:
>
> "Hey Charlie,
> We're still working on this. We'll let you know as soon as we have
> it figured out. Haven't forgotten about it."
>
> Now you know as much as I do. ;)

Meanwhile, the Right Hand is getting ready to try and close the group
down...

Now if only we could: "Left Hand, meet Right Hand." <g>

--
Steve Foster
For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:
From: Charlie Russel on
Yes, they're going to. And no, I don't think we'll have a place to go. I
will stay here for the moment, via third party NNTP servers. But in the long
run, it isn't going to be a good solution, I am afraid.

And no, I'm NOT a happy camper, and I'm likely to get dropped as an MVP
over what I'm saying in other channels. Too bad. But this one really p****s
me off.

From: Bo Persson on
Charlie Russel wrote:
> Yes, they're going to. And no, I don't think we'll have a place to
> go. I will stay here for the moment, via third party NNTP servers.
> But in the long run, it isn't going to be a good solution, I am
> afraid.
> And no, I'm NOT a happy camper, and I'm likely to get dropped as
> an MVP over what I'm saying in other channels. Too bad. But this
> one really p****s me off.

Yes, I think they have calculated the loss of some people into the
value of controlling the forums (and keeping certain search engines
out). Collateral damage and all that...

For what it's worth, I am another one that isn't going anywhere.

Bo Persson