From: Mike on
This is driving me insane! Every time I open Outlook it asks me to enter my
network password for one of my e mail accounts. It doen't do it on my
Netbook which uses Outlook Express. It won't receive any e mails sent to
this account and it won't remember the password even though I tick the box.
Aaagghh! Help please!

Mike

From: VanguardLH on
Mike wrote:

> This is driving me insane! Every time I open Outlook it asks me to enter my
> network password for one of my e mail accounts. It doen't do it on my
> Netbook which uses Outlook Express. It won't receive any e mails sent to
> this account and it won't remember the password even though I tick the box.

You could search yourself at Microsoft's huge knowlegebase on your
unidentified version of Outlook, like:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:support.microsoft.com+%2Boutlook+%2Bremember+%2Bpassword

I use Google's 'site:' operator to do the search instead of using
Microsoft's own search (http://support.microsoft.com) since Microsoft is so
stupid as to think users want to first include in their search all the
community posts (and disabling the option so to exclude community posts
doesn't work). Once you figure out which version of Outlook that you use
then you could include that in the search, like:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asupport.microsoft.com+%2B%22outlook+2002%22+%2Bremember+%2Bpassword

where I searched on Outlook 2002 but you could specify whatever version you
have but didn't identify here. You also did not specify your operating
system which would also help identify the appropriate articles, like:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asupport.microsoft.com+%2B%22outlook+2002%22+%2Bremember+%2Bpassword+%2B%22windows+xp%22

If you are using a pre-Vista version of Windows, it could be due to a
corrupted encrypted cache for passwords in the registry, so try:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asupport.microsoft.com+%2B%22outlook+2002%22+%2Bremember+%2Bpassword+%2B%22windows+xp%22+%2B%22protected+storage%22