From: PhilDTexas on
I purchased a new computer and software. It came with Windows 2007 and I
purchased MS Office 2007. I have my own business and do my own web page and
was using Front Page 2003 on my old computer. MS Office 2007 Pro does not
have Front Page so now I can not up date my web page. Can I install Front
Page 2003 on my new computer with Operating system 2007 and MS Office 2007?

Hope for some help.
Thank anyone and everyone in advance.
Phil D.

From: Bill Anderson on
PhilDTexas wrote:
> I purchased a new computer and software. It came with Windows 2007 and I
> purchased MS Office 2007. I have my own business and do my own web page and
> was using Front Page 2003 on my old computer. MS Office 2007 Pro does not
> have Front Page so now I can not up date my web page. Can I install Front
> Page 2003 on my new computer with Operating system 2007 and MS Office 2007?
>
> Hope for some help.
> Thank anyone and everyone in advance.
> Phil D.

Yes. Works fine.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog
From: Ronx on
Windows 2007? Is that Vista or Windows 7? :)

Install FrontPage as a custom install, and do NOT install any of the Office tools.
Office programs (including FrontPage) are best installed in chronological order - that is FrontPage followed by Office 2007. Reversing this order you may have to repair Office 2007. Once installed, both will run without issue.
Except: If you have Windows 7, some (definitely not all) users have problems with FrontPage, such as "Out of Memory" issues. Use the Compatiblity Troubleshooter to fix these problems.

This may be a good time to upgrade to Expression Web - a free trial is available from http://www.microsoft.com/expression
Your copy of Office qualifies for upgrade pricing, and if you buy Expression Web 3, Expression Web 4 is free.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

From: CJB on
On May 28, 8:06 am, Ronx <ronx...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Windows 2007?  Is that Vista or Windows 7? :)
>
> Install FrontPage as a custom install, and do NOT install any of the Office tools.
> Office programs (including FrontPage) are best installed in chronological order - that is FrontPage followed by Office 2007.  Reversing this order you may have to repair Office 2007.  Once installed, both will run without issue.
> Except:  If you have Windows 7, some (definitely not all) users have problems with FrontPage, such as "Out of Memory" issues. Use the Compatiblity Troubleshooter to fix these problems.
>
> This may be a good time to upgrade to Expression Web - a free trial is available fromhttp://www.microsoft.com/expression
> Your copy of Office qualifies for upgrade pricing, and if you buy Expression Web 3, Expression Web 4 is free.
> --
>  Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)http://www.rxs-enterprises..org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
> This nesgroup is closing - seehttp://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/newsgroup-closure.aspx
>
> PhilDTexas wrote on 28/05/2010 :
>
> > I purchased a new computer and software. It
> > came with Windows 2007 and I  purchased MS
> > Office 2007. I have my own business and do my
> > own web page and  was using Front Page 2003 on
> > my old computer. MS Office 2007 Pro does not
> > have Front Page so now I can not up date my web
> > page. Can I install Front  Page 2003 on my new
> > computer with Operating system 2007 and MS
> > Office 2007?
> > Hope for some help.
> > Thank anyone and everyone in advance.
> > Phil D.
>
> --
>  Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)http://www.rxs-enterprises..org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
> This nesgroup is closing - seehttp://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/newsgroup-closure.aspx

Look for the thread

Frontpage is Dead - Conversion to Expression (Web) Almost Impossible

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.frontpage.client/browse_thread/thread/03b2ecdacfc19a07#

There is an amount of info. about converting FP webs into WE there.

Chris B.