From: Manish Belsare on
Hello,
I m working on a rails proj..
i m using Ruby version 1.3.2

can u please help me in implementing the pagination stuff in Ruby...
how to install the gem 'will_paginate' which is latest for pagination..

From: andrew mcelroy on
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Manish Belsare
<manishbelsare2003(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I m working on a rails proj..
> i m using Ruby version 1.3.2
>
> can u please help me in implementing the pagination stuff in Ruby...
> how to install the gem 'will_paginate' which is latest for pagination..
> --

unless the author does something non standard it should be
gem install will_paginate

you may want to check gemcutter.org for more information.

There are a few different forks of will paginate but don't let that confuse you.
also railscasts.com has talked about will paginate before.

Andrew McElroy

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser on
Manish Belsare wrote:
> Hello,
> I m working on a rails proj..
> i m using Ruby version 1.3.2

I doubt that you are. That version number doesn't seem familiar.

> can u please help me in implementing the pagination stuff in Ruby...
> how to install the gem 'will_paginate' which is latest for pagination..

This is a Rails question, so please direct it to the Rails list.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org

From: andrew mcelroy on
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Marnen Laibow-Koser <marnen(a)marnen.org> wrote:
> Manish Belsare wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I m working on a rails proj..
>> i m using Ruby version 1.3.2
>
> I doubt that you are.  That version number doesn't seem familiar.

probably means rails.

>> can u please help me in implementing the pagination stuff in Ruby...
>> how to install the gem 'will_paginate' which is latest for pagination..
>
> This is a Rails question, so please direct it to the Rails list.

No it is not. It is a gem question, and I just answered it, go to gemcutterorg
Also, in regards to upgrading will_paginate, you need to look into bundler.
Again, checkout railscasts.com

> Best,
> --
> Marnen Laibow-Koser
> http://www.marnen.org
> marnen(a)marnen.org

Respectfully,
Andrew McElroy

From: Manish Belsare on
Sir can will_paginate work in RubyGems version 1.3.5????
do i need 2 upgrade to the new Rubygems version?