From: Ben Morrow on

Quoth Dilbert <dilbert1999(a)gmail.com>:
> On 22 mai, 13:09, Dilbert <dilbert1...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The last I heard about this washttp://use.perl.org/~Alias/journal/38200
> > > . That's from Jan 09, though, so some progress may have been made since
> > > then.
> >
> > So I have downloaded and installed what I think is the "parrotwin32
> >
> setup":http://sourceforge.net/projects/parrotwin32/files/parrotwin32%20setup...
> >
> > ...and what I think is the "matching version of the parrot-rakudo
> > addon"http://sourceforge.net/projects/parrotwin32/files/parrot-rakudo%20add...
> >
> > After successful installation, I get a nice subdirectory installed
> > under C:\Parrot-2.4.0\bin
> > and that directory contains even a "perl6.exe"
> >
> > ...but when I want to run perl6.exe, I get an error because
> > "libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll" is missing.
> >
> > Does anybody know where I can find "libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll" ?

Have you got your PATH set correctly? Win32 uses PATH to find DLLs
(sometimes... the rules are complicated).

> > Second option is building from source:

I can't help you with this, and I suspect nobody here can. Try one of
the Perl 6 mailing lists.

Ben

From: Dilbert on
On 22 mai, 16:16, Ben Morrow <b...(a)morrow.me.uk> wrote:
> Quoth Dilbert <dilbert1...(a)gmail.com>:

> > > So I have downloaded and installed what I think is the "parrotwin32
>
> > setup":http://sourceforge.net/projects/parrotwin32/files/parrotwin32%20setup...
>
> > > ...and what I think is the "matching version of the parrot-rakudo
> > > addon"http://sourceforge.net/projects/parrotwin32/files/parrot-rakudo%20add...
>
> > > After successful installation, I get a nice subdirectory installed
> > > under C:\Parrot-2.4.0\bin
> > > and that directory contains even a "perl6.exe"
>
> > > ...but when I want to run perl6.exe, I get an error because
> > > "libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll" is missing.
>
> > > Does anybody know where I can find "libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll" ?
>
> Have you got your PATH set correctly? Win32 uses PATH to find DLLs
> (sometimes... the rules are complicated).

I have the Activestate MinGW package installed ("ppm install MinGW").
This installation does not seem to have the required DLLs. I will try
and download the full MinGW compiler to see if that contains
"libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll".

> > > Second option is building from source:
>
> I can't help you with this, and I suspect nobody here can. Try one of
> the Perl 6 mailing lists.

I will try one of the Perl 6 mailing lists.