From: botp on
On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> win32console version 1.3.0.beta2 has been released!

Hi Luis, thanks for this gem. I've been waiting something like this.
Quick q: does it implement all the features listed here
http://www.xav.com/perl/site/lib/Win32/Console.html ?

thanks and best regards -botp

From: Luis Lavena on
On Mar 8, 2:10 am, botp <botp...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Luis Lavena <luislav...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > win32console version 1.3.0.beta2 has been released!
>
> Hi Luis, thanks for this gem. I've been waiting something like this.
> Quick q: does it implement all the features listed herehttp://www.xav.com/perl/site/lib/Win32/Console.html ?
>
> thanks and best regards -botp

win32console gem is a wrapper around this project:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32console/

Which is a direct port from Perl.

That means API-wise should be pretty similar.

However, I've asked before what is the usage of win32console here:

http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/12/17/win32console-upcoming-changes-and-feedback/

And people responded that they mainly use to mimic ANSI coloring in
the terminal, not all the Win32::Console functionality.

Also, in this release it no longer automates the codepage conversion,
which will need to be done manually. See here:

http://github.com/luislavena/win32console/blob/master/History.txt#L16-24

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena
From: Roger Pack on

> Win32::Console allows controling the windows command line terminal
> thru an OO-interface. This allows you to query the terminal (find
> its size, characters, attributes, etc). The interface and functionality
> should be identical to Perl's counterpart.

I noticed it doesn't seem to do "too much" for colored specs.

16)
←[31mActiveRecord::StatementInvalid in 'Abc should create a new instance
given valid attributes'
Could not find table 'abcs'←[0m
E:/dev/ruby/old/spork/test_rails/spec/models/abc_spec.rb:11:in `block (2
levels) in <top (required)>'

Any guess as to who's to blame there?
Thanks.
-rp

E:\dev\ruby\old\spork\test_rails\spec>cat spec.opts
--colour
--format progress
--loadby mtime
--reverse

From: Luis Lavena on
On Mar 8, 9:27 pm, Roger Pack <rogerpack2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Win32::Console allows controling the windows command line terminal
> > thru an OO-interface. This allows you to query the terminal (find
> > its size, characters, attributes, etc). The interface and functionality
> > should be identical to Perl's counterpart.
>
> I noticed it doesn't seem to do "too much" for colored specs.
>
> 16)
> ←[31mActiveRecord::StatementInvalid in 'Abc should create a new instance
> given valid attributes'
> Could not find table 'abcs'←[0m
> E:/dev/ruby/old/spork/test_rails/spec/models/abc_spec.rb:11:in `block (2
> levels) in <top (required)>'
>
> Any guess as to who's to blame there?

Are you using autospec? If so, is not win32console, as I mentioned to
you before.

This as proven to work for standard Windows prompt without any issue,
and I use it for "rake spec" in rake-compiler:

C:\Users\Luis\Projects\oss\rake-compiler>type spec\spec.opts
--colour
--format nested
--loadby mtime

--
Luis Lavena
From: Charles Roper on
On 09/03/2010 07:30, Luis Lavena wrote:
> Are you using autospec? If so, is not win32console, as I mentioned to
> you before.

The RSpec people seem to think it might be a win32console problem:

http://j.mp/a4XYT3

Charles