From: anglomont on
Hi
I did
not get any help from Google or Toshiba/Iris
I have toshiba PA1411U-1M1G USB flash drive but I cannot get
it to work in Win98 (I suppose the drivers I
downloaded for the U2E usb flash are not the right for
the pa14411 model nor are the Maximus's generic usb drivers because
they report 'wrong win98'
Let me know where to find the right drivers or the
solution to problem
best regards

From: philo on

<anglomont(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I did
> not get any help from Google or Toshiba/Iris
> I have toshiba PA1411U-1M1G USB flash drive but I cannot get
> it to work in Win98 (I suppose the drivers I
> downloaded for the U2E usb flash are not the right for
> the pa14411 model nor are the Maximus's generic usb drivers because
> they report 'wrong win98'
> Let me know where to find the right drivers or the
> solution to problem
> best regards

The device should have come with a driver disk...
it there were not any drivers for win98...then it's not likely any other
source would have written drivers.

check to see if maybe win98se is supported

From: T on

<anglomont(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I did
> not get any help from Google or Toshiba/Iris
> I have toshiba PA1411U-1M1G USB flash drive but I cannot get
> it to work in Win98 (I suppose the drivers I
> downloaded for the U2E usb flash are not the right for
> the pa14411 model nor are the Maximus's generic usb drivers because
> they report 'wrong win98'
> Let me know where to find the right drivers or the
> solution to problem
> best regards

if nothing else works, try a Win 98 mass storage driver. i'm assuming that
your USB works, and you have drivers for the USB card itself.

i've run into USB drives with a cryptography program. i disabled the
autorun so that it would not give an error on Win 98.

From: Mij on
anglomont(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi
> I did
> not get any help from Google or Toshiba/Iris
> I have toshiba PA1411U-1M1G USB flash drive but I cannot get
> it to work in Win98 (I suppose the drivers I
> downloaded for the U2E usb flash are not the right for
> the pa14411 model nor are the Maximus's generic usb drivers because
> they report 'wrong win98'
> Let me know where to find the right drivers or the
> solution to problem
> best regards

Hi
Many USB drivers specify Windows 98SE (Second Edition) and will not work
with the first edition of Win98. There were some major limitations to
USB in the first edition. Have you installed any of the updates. Some
can still be obtained. Try
http://www.download.com/Windows-98-System-Update/3000-2098_4-911823.html
From: anglomont on
On May 6, 5:39 pm, "T" <t...(a)example.net> wrote:
> <anglom...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Hi
> > I did
> > not get any help from Google or Toshiba/Iris
> > I have toshiba PA1411U-1M1G USB flash drive but I cannot get
> > it to work in Win98 (I suppose the drivers I
> > downloaded for the U2E usb flash are not the right for
> > the pa14411 model nor are the Maximus's generic usb drivers because
> > they report 'wrong win98'
> > Let me know where to find the right drivers or the
> > solution to problem
> > best regards
>
> if nothing else works, try a Win 98 mass storage driver. i'm assuming that
> your USB works, and you have drivers for the USB card itself.
>
> i've run into USB drives with a cryptography program. i disabled the
> autorun so that it would not give an error on Win 98.

The 98 in question is first edition with service pack1
let know please where do I find this 'Win 98 mass storage drive'.?
I tried this http://rapidshare.com/files/19858514/nusb31e.exe.html