From: Biranchi Narayan Panda on

I want windows based authentication for a particular folder of my web pages.
This page should be accessible to only some of the managers and some other
roles.
I don't want to allow or deny role and persons in web.config.

Rather, is it possible that a distribution list created in active directory
of the domain and linked with web config? The logins that are there in the
distribution list will only be able to view the pages and others will get
error.aspx page.

In this way, the non-technical higher position persons will also be able to
grant and deny access to other members.

-- also, how do I configure my web site accessible within the lan(domain)?