From: motty.cruz on
Hello Thanks for your reply! Before posting my question on this list, I
google this problem and visited just about every forum for windows 7+ samba
share access denied error, I edited the windows registry to no joy!.

I had couple of machine in my network using vista which worked fine with the
samba share but windows 7 I had no success. As mentioned before it works
well with the \\ip-of-samba-machine <file:///\\ip-of-samba-machine> but
does not work using \\samba-machine-netbios-name\
<file:///\\samba-machine-netbios-name\> NetBIOS is enabled in Windows 7.

I believe the problem lay with samba machine, that the reason I posted my
question in the list, I wonder if someone out there had the same or are
experiencing the same problem as mentioned above.

Thanks,

-motty