From: tms3 on

SNIP

> I'm currently running Samba3x-3.3.8-0.51 on CentOS 5.5. I currently
> have
> many Windows XP clients associated with the domain and behaving
> correctly.
> However, I am unable to join a Windows 7 PC. I receive "The specified
> network name is no longer available."
>
> I've verified that DNS is configured correctly, and as stated XP
> machines
> have no problem joining.

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7

There's a reg file that comes with the source code. Not sure about
binary packages.

Cheers,

SNIP
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 6:11 PM, <tms3(a)tms3.com> wrote:

> SNIP
>>
>> I'm currently running Samba3x-3.3.8-0.51 on CentOS 5.5.  I currently have
>> many Windows XP clients associated with the domain and behaving correctly.
>> However, I am unable to join a Windows 7 PC.  I receive "The specified
>> network name is no longer available."
>>
>> I've verified that DNS is configured correctly, and as stated XP machines
>> have no problem joining.
>>
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7
>
> There's a reg file that comes with the source code.  Not sure about binary
> packages.
>
> Cheers,
>
> SNIP

Like tms3 told u, we have to make some changes to the register before
we join ms 7 to the domain, I already did and works, no issue.

Another thing I see in your smb.conf:

security = DOMAIN.

In my little knowledge about samba, if u have a PDC it must say:

security = user.

Went u add a BDC it must say:

security = DOMAIN.

"In domain security mode, the Samba server has a machine account
(domain security trust account) and causes all authentication requests
to be passed through to the domain controllers. The Samba server is
made into a domain member server by using the following directives in
smb.conf."

"security = domain"

Last thing, smbldap-tools using the base repo from Centos 5.5 depend
on Samba-3.0.x, u must build your own rpm to work with samba3x.

My two cents.
--
LIving the dream...

I disagree on the last point.

Security = user is default, so no entry necessary.

For PDC I use:

os level = 64
preferred master = Yes
domain logons =Yes
domain master = Yes

For BDC I use (if on separate nodes)

os level = 64
preferred master = Yes
domain logons =Yes
domain master = no

If on same node

os level = 60
preferred master = Auto
domain logons =Yes
domain master = no

> "In domain security mode, the Samba server has a machine account
> (domain security trust account) and causes all authentication requests
> to be passed through to the domain controllers. The Samba server is
> made into a domain member server by using the following directives in
> smb.conf."
>
> "security = domain"
>
> Last thing, smbldap-tools using the base repo from Centos 5.5 depend
> on Samba-3.0.x, u must build your own rpm to work with samba3x.
>
> My two cents.
> --
> LIving the dream...
Hi,

Dňa 15. 6. 2010 3:05, delpheye wrote / napísal(a):
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently running Samba3x-3.3.8-0.51 on CentOS 5.5. I currently have
> many Windows XP clients associated with the domain and behaving correctly.
> However, I am unable to join a Windows 7 PC. I receive "The specified
> network name is no longer available."

I use Samba 3.4.5 on FreeBSD 7.2.

> I've verified that DNS is configured correctly, and as stated XP machines
> have no problem joining.
>
> Per some googling, I've turned off both:
>
> *- Network security:Minimum session security for NTLM SSP (including RPC
> based) Clients*
> - *Network security:Minimum session security for NTLM SSP (including RPC
> based) Servers*
>
> and changed "*Network Security LAN Manager authentication level*" to "*Send
> LM& NTLM – use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated*" in the Local
> Security Policies.

It is not needed to make these changes (I think you should change them
back to origininal settings), I just added in registry:

Computer\HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\DomainCompatibilityMode
= dword 1
Computer\HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\DNSNameResolutionRequired
= dword 0

and after joining domain changed

Computer\HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\NV
Domain from DOMAIN to domain.local

> Any ideas? My google-fu has become ineffective on this problem.

I am sorry, but I really don't know where I found this :(

Tomas.
>On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:45 PM, <tms3(a)tms3.com> wrote:

Hi.

I point this because on his smb.conf file he us using security=domain,
by default like u say is =user.

Thanks!!!

> Last thing, smbldap-tools using the base repo from Centos 5.5 depend
> on Samba-3.0.x, u must build your own rpm to work with samba3x.
>
> My two cents.
> --
> LIving the dream...

LIving the dream...