From: Ryan on
Whilst trying to install the windows 7 upgrade from windows vista I get the
following error message about half way through! 0x80070570!

I have tried several times and each with the same result!

The compatibility passes each time and all updates appear to be there!

Please help
From: Shenan Stanley on
Ryan wrote:
> Whilst trying to install the windows 7 upgrade from windows vista I
> get the following error message about half way through! 0x80070570!
>
> I have tried several times and each with the same result!
>
> The compatibility passes each time and all updates appear to be
> there!

This is not an "update" issue. You are performing an OS upgrade, not a
patch/update on a Windows system.

Make sure your Windows Vista system is up to date, clean of
malware/viruses/trojans, defragmented, CHKDSK'd and all Windows 7
incompatible applications have been removed.

I suggest uninstalling any/all third party firewall applications, removing
your antivirus application temporarily (while upgrading and
OFFLINE/physically disconnected), uninstalling any applications you don't
use at all/often and can re-install after the upgrade easily, backup your
personal data (favorites/bookmarks, emails, contacts, pictures, music,
dcuments, etc) and perform a CHKDSK followed by a defragmentation after a
good antimalware scan or two.

Then try your upgrade.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Windows Update has nothing to do with upgrading Windows. Please post any
future questions about upgrading to Win7 in this forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads