From: Keith G Hicks on
I jsut set up a new windows 7 machine. Previously running all my dev work on
XP. I know there are issues with SQL 2005 in Windows 7. When I oepend up
SSMS to log into SQL I could use SQL authentication but not Windows
authentication. (I do have it set for mixed mode). I've never had this issue
with XP. I can either use widows auth or sql auth. Either way it works fine.
Far as I know I have SQL set up the same way on both machines. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

From: Uri Dimant on
Keith G Hicks
Hmm I have neve seen that problem when I connected to SS2005/2008 . What if
you right click on SSMS and run as administrator open SSMS, does it work?

From: Keith G Hicks on
That was it Uri. Thanks. I'm new to W7 so I guess I'll have to get used to
that option.

From: Uri Dimant on
yep, I am glad it solved your problem