From: Lynn E on
Windows defender error ox800710dd. Also cannot turn Defender on ??.
Also an update error 80244019. update issued 7/2/08.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
WIndows version?

Can you update manually here? => http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/

=============================

Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender support
and comments. This is not one of them.

See
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/newsgroups/default.mspx

TIP: Access these newsgroups using your default newsreader, not your
browser. See instructions on above page.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

From: Lynn E on
Windows Vista

From: Lynn E on
I was finally able to install the 7/2/08 update from the Control Panel. Also
from the Control Panel I opened Defender and it showed Defender was On and my
computer was scanned today. Don't know why these functions did not work
from PC Security. Thanks for your help. I'm technically challenged.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You're welcome, Lynn, and thanks for your feedback.