From: M. Murphy on
Hello,
I have a sbs2008 server, all seems to be running fine on it. Just did a BPA
for exchange 2007. It tells me the windows firewall is running. Should it
be? I have a hardware firewall, and I don't remember turning on the windows
firewall when I did the migration.

TIA

From: Leythos on
In article <#CCXKVkOLHA.5668(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, no(a)way.com says...
> I have a sbs2008 server, all seems to be running fine on it. Just did a BPA
> for exchange 2007. It tells me the windows firewall is running. Should it
> be? I have a hardware firewall, and I don't remember turning on the windows
> firewall when I did the migration.

The two firewalls are not the same thing.

A firewall device/appliance, if you have a real one, protects your
entire network.

The Windows firewall only protects the server itself.

SBS installs the windows firewall on the server and auto-configures it
for things that SBS is aware of.

Trust yourself.
From: M. Murphy on
Thank you, now I understand.
Yes my hardware firewall is a real one, a sonicwall.