From: TJ STEVENS on
I get some e-mails with short movies in them. Most of them will play but
some will not. When
I try and play them a pop up that says this file does not have a program
associated with it for
performing this action.Create an association in the folder option control
panel. can someone
tell me how to do this. Thanks

TJStevens

From: "KernelDebugger" kerneldebugger on

"TJ STEVENS" <tstevens(a)progressivetel.com> wrote in message
>I get some e-mails with short movies in them. Most of them will play but
>some will not. When
> I try and play them a pop up that says this file does not have a program
> associated with it for
> performing this action.Create an association in the folder option control
> panel. can someone
> tell me how to do this. Thanks
>
> TJStevens

Perhaps those movies require a Quicktime program. Available here:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

From: Nil on
On 07 Aug 2010, "TJ STEVENS" <tstevens(a)progressivetel.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> I get some e-mails with short movies in them. Most of them will
> play but some will not. When I try and play them a pop up that
> says this file does not have a program associated with it for
> performing this action.Create an association in the folder option
> control panel.

Tell us the exact file name, including the extension.
From: VanguardLH on
TJ STEVENS wrote:

> I get some e-mails with short movies in them. Most of them will play
> but some will not. When I try and play them a pop up that says this
> file does not have a program associated with it for performing this
> action.Create an association in the folder option control panel.

Did you install the codec needed (to provide the decoder portion) for
the filetype that you are attempting to play in WMP? Microsoft doesn't
support all video media types, like MPEG-4 or DIVX.

Is this a secret file and why you can't describe it?
From: Don Phillipson on
"TJ STEVENS" <tstevens(a)progressivetel.com> wrote in message

> I get some e-mails with short movies in them. Most of them will play but
> some will not. When
> I try and play them a pop up that says this file does not have a program
> associated with it for
> performing this action.Create an association in the folder option control
> panel. can someone tell me how to do this. Thanks

This is called File Association and is explained in on-line help.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs