From: willk2 on
I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion. I cannot
get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run. i get error
code 490 and 800704090
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Too late now!

Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010!
Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from
Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require
several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first). See
http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no-services-packs.aspx.

• What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: LD55ZRA on
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> Too late now!
>
> Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April
> 2010! Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software
> updates from Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed
> (which will require several Prerequisite Updates to be installed
> first). See
> http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no-services-packs.aspx.
>

> • What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?
>
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean

Hey Piggy,

Does this also mean you have now officially retired at the age of 79?
Don't you think you should have continued until you are 80 to get a
special award of Senior Obnoxious Pig!!!

Happy retirement and good
riddance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.

From: willk2 on
that's just great. I just purchased an upgrade, windows 7, but it won't let
me upgrade to windows 7 until the service pack is installed on windows vista!

From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-04-16 12:50 p.m., willk2 wrote:

> that's just great. I just purchased an upgrade, windows 7, but it won't let
> me upgrade to windows 7 until the service pack is installed on windows vista!

Download "Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone" from the
Microsoft Download Center, and install it manually.

Harry.

--
Harry Johnston
http://harryjohnston.wordpress.com